In today’s episode of Category Visionaries, we speak with Ben Sesser, CEO & Co-Founder of BrightHire, an interview intelligence platform that’s raised $36 Million in funding, about why business side of people is so important, and why this venture-backed SaaS startup was founded to find a better way to hire. With an innovative offering empowering their clients to make better hiring decisions, reduce bias and unlock new insights, BrightHire is set to transform the way companies build market-winning teams into the future.
We also speak about Ben’s passion for people at the heart of every business, why their role in building success is going nowhere in the years to come, the central importance of giving value to early customers as part of a growth-stage business strategy, and why short-term ROI should never obscure long term growth prospects on the road to success.
- Ben’s career background in HR, and what it taught him about the central importance of the people who make up a business
- Challenges and shortcomings in the current hiring strategies most businesses use, and how it inspired BrightHire’s founding
- The typical BrightHire client profile – talent-forward organizations that treat hiring itself as a discipline
- Why creating a category might mean more than just being a disruptor, and when working within an established space might actually work
- How data becomes a key tool to educate a potential market, training customers to understand the value a business brings