In today’s episode of Category Visionaries, we speak with serial category creator Mark Organ. Mark first revolutionized B2B marketing as the founding CEO of Eloqua (ELOQ), the world leader in marketing automation software, which was acquired for $871M. Then he founded Influitive, the creator of the the advocate marketing and community category. Today, Mark runs Categorynauts where he helps B2B SaaS leaders discover, develop, and dominate their software category.
- The story behind the marketing automation category
- The role competition plays in creating new categories
- Strategies and tactics for category creation
- What critics get wrong about category creation
- What founders commonly get wrong about category design
- Mark’s #1 piece of advice for aspiring category creators