In today’s episode of Category Visionaries, we speak with Derek Streat, CEO of Dexcare, a healthcare access optimization platform that’s raised over $110 Million in funding, about why connecting healthcare providers and patients is the best way to ensure the highest quality care at the lowest possible per unit cost and ensure a healthier world for everyone. By making care more discoverable online, navigating them to the best options, and being sensitive to the non-clinical elements which comprise a comprehensive patient care environment.
We also spoke about Derek’s career across a whole brace of tech startups, his passion for social enterprise and bringing a business-model mindset to the impact space, and why he fundamentally believes that doing well and doing good don’t have to be mutually exclusive.
- Derek’s career in tech, from marketing and adtech to the healthcare sector
- Why Derek has such a passion for social enterprise, and why he believes that you very much can do well and do good at the same time
- Why, even in the non-profit space, a business-model mindset is still the best way to successfully deliver for your clients
- How optimizing access to the right kind of healthcare benefits everyone involved, from getting people the services they need to distributing the burden of care more evenly across the sector
- Why Derek finds category creation and doing something new is one of the most fun parts of building a business
- How pain-mapping problems for potential clients should be the first stage in creating your new business category
The Power of Negative Thinking: An Unconventional Approach to Achieving Positive Results