In today’s episode of Category Visionaries, we speak with Brendan Playford, CEO of Pngme about his unorthodox journey to startup CEO, and how Pngme is unlocking the potential of people across Africa by providing access to finance through data analytics and machine learning. With an innovative, high-accuracy mechanism for calculating credit scores, Pngme is facilitating financial Inclusivity for some of the world’s most vulnerable, driving growth and economic transformation from the bottom up.
- The global challenge of financial access leaving 3.3 billion people without opportunities in business
- Why credit can be the key to real change in underprivileged communities
- Phone finance, machine learning and the Pngme approach to financial appraisal
- Accuracy, advocacy, and how good data helps prevent a default
- The future of financial Inclusivity across Sub-Saharan Africa and beyond