In today’s episode of Category Visionaries, we speak with Martin Mao, CEO and co-founder of Chronosphere, a Cloud-Native Observability Platform that raised more than $250 million in funding and has been ranked as one of the top ten fastest growing SaaS companies ever, reaching unicorn status in just 2 years and four months.
- What Chronosphere does, the problem it solves, and the types of companies using the platform today.
- The origin story behind the company — born from personally experiencing the problem while Martin and his co-founder working on the Observability team at Uber.
- Why Chronosphere takes a top-down GTM motion.
- How Martin thinks about category creation.
- How Chronosphere engages firms like Gartner to educate them about how they see the market evolving and their PoV.
- Three actionable takeaways that Martin attributes to the incredible growth of the company.
- The top challenges Chronosphere faced in the early days and how they overcame those challenges
- Why investors are so excited about the opportunity to back the company with more than $250 million.
- What personally excites Martin about the work he gets to do every day.
- What’s in store for the future of the company and where Martin plans to take the company over the next 5 years.