In today’s episode of Category Visionaries, we speak with Sid Jha, Founder & CEO at Arbol, a climate risk management platform that’s raised over $20 Million in funding, about why almost every industry on earth is affected by changes in our climate, and how insurance needs an overhaul to account for these new types of risk. Arbol’s offering brings together a wide spectrum of complexities, concerns and considerations to provide truly comprehensive coverage for their clients and shift climate insurance from being a gamble to being a necessary part of contemporary risk management.
We also speak about Sid’s early life in India and how he came to be fascinated with nature, the inherent complexity associated with climate risk and the challenge it poses for the insurance industry, how blockchain technology looks set to disrupt the insurance space, and the new products needed to give the clients of tomorrow truly comprehensive coverage.
- Sid’s early life in India and how he came to find himself fascinated with the natural world
- The current state of the insurance landscape and how Arbol looks set to disrupt it
- The inherent challenge of climate-based risk that comes from complexity and connectivity between natural systems
- How blockchain will change the way insurance functions and even create new potential markets
- Why transparency is key to building trust and sustainability in the insurance industry